Eight Drunken Immortals: The Blog

April 08, 2006

Not a lot going on today

I don't have much to say tonight. Today was a very active day. Started off the day with a three hour martial arts practice and ended by doing a bit of writing. I don't think I'll have any political writing tonight.

I do know that in the next few days I want to write about kung fu and how the martial arts have come to be such a big part of my life. I do want to recommend Kung Fu Hustle as a great movie. It's an hilarious movie. I know it is very cartoony but the martial arts sequences are really good. Any Chinese movie that can include references to Bugs Bunny, The Shining and The Matrix has to be good.

Other good martial arts movies that I would recommend include Ong Bak, Drunken Master, Once Upon a Time in China I, II and III and Shaolin Soccer. There are many more that I haven't mentioned because I still haven't seen all the martial arts movies I'd like to.