Eight Drunken Immortals: The Blog

September 10, 2006

Robert Alan Miller

I am writing this post to honor Mr. Robert Alan Miller, 46, of Matawan, NJ. Mr. Miller was one of the 2,996 people who were so unjustly taken away from us on September 11. I have seen a picture of Mr. Miller. He seems like a nice man. He was only a few years older than I am now when he died on that horrible day. I wonder what he was like? What did he like to do in his free time? What was his job? Did he have a family? What movies did he like, or books did he read, or music he enjoyed listening to? I don't know if this memorial to him could ever do justice to his life or to his memory but I do hope that he knows that he shall never be forgotten. I don't want to think about the way he died but I will try to remember that he lived and that even though he did not know me, I know him now and I will always count him as a friend.