Eight Drunken Immortals: The Blog

October 15, 2006

China trip

I know that I may have mentioned in the past that I was planning on going on my martial arts China trip in 2007. After reading in several blogs about the Chinese Army's massacre of several unarmed, innocent Tibetan refugees last week or the week before, I have decided not to go. I cannot in good conscious support a country that murders innocent people. Some would say that by not going I am not helping the regular people of China, when I should be condemning the leaders of China instead. Well, I say that the regular people of China, even if they did not actively participate in the murder, are just as guilty as those who shot those Tibetans. By living in China they bear some of the guilt of what happened as much as the soldiers who did the shooting.