Eight Drunken Immortals: The Blog

November 10, 2006

I was thinking

I was thinking that maybe after my extreme overreaction to the election on Tuesday, that I should comment less on politics and more on other things. Getting away from so much politics might be a good thing. There's a lot more to life and my interests than politics.

I will continue to mention and post political thoughts. I have to. Politics is definitely one of my interests but thinking about them all the time like I did for this election is what got me into trouble. I'm also a gamer and a reader. I will now try to post my thoughts on games that I'm playing and what I think about them and books that I'm reading and what I think about them. I'm also going to get back to talking about my martial arts. This site is named after one of the most colorful and exciting Kung Fu styles. I shouldn't have drifted away from it.

I'm currently re-playing "Knights of the Old Republic" by Bioware. This is one of the classic games for the XBox. I also just purchased the new game "Gears of War" and will begin playing it in the very near future. I will let you know what I think as I go along.

The book I'm currently reading is "Star Wars:The Last Command," by Timothy Zahn. As you can tell I love Star Wars. There are a huge number of Star Wars books published and this book and the other two books in its series are among the best in the genre. Actually with the exception to the movie tie-in books and a few books like "Splinter of the Mind's Eye," and The Adventures of Lando Calrissian and The Adventures of Han Solo books, this series, I think, are the first three books in the current crop of Star Wars books. Star Wars books have there own seperate shelf areas in the science fiction sections of most bookstore. I haven't bought the three new Star Wars books that have recently been published, "Betrayal," "Bloodlines," and "Path of Destruction:A Novel of the Old Republic." I just don't have the money. I will probably have to wait until they come out in trade paper or even get one used or even have to wait until I find one in used trade paper. Oh, well but I do have a lot to keep me entertained until then.